Owner's Manual differences?

Greetings,

I'm new to the Saab community, and just got a 1999 9-3 SE last weekend (and loving it :). I need to find a manual for it. I saw this on Books4Cars.com: "99 9-3 Owners Manual by Saab for 1999 model 9-3." Were there any differences to the manual that came with each of the various models? Is there any other literature or documentation that is recommended?

Thanks for any input!

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Christopher Prince

Congrat's.

No. One manual.

A repair manual if you are a DIY person. Haynes is OK, I've heard that Bentley is better but not available in the USA. See

for the Haynes manual if you can't find it elsewhere.

If you have 45-50K miles on that car, check to see if the upper idler pulley has been replaced. If not, do it or have it done. $35 in parts and a half hour of labor even for the mechanically challenged. Also check the belt at that time, another $35 if you need it. Trust me, you _want_ to change this every 45K. If it goes (any many do) you stop and call a tow truck.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

The manual for my 9-3 certainly covers the entire range. Just one thought, though: there are a lot of words in the manual which would be different between British and US English at least (petrol, tyre, handbrake, etc ) so you might want to check that you and the manual are both in the same English-speaking country

Martin

Reply to
Martin Rich