Is there no shop/repair manual for the 1999 9-3?

Easy one: Is there a complete shop manual for the 1999 Saab 9-3? There MUST BE, right? Why is it hard to find?

CHris

Reply to
Icarus Q. Anybody

I bought mine from a Saab dealer. It's somewhere around GBP60 I think and it comes on a CD. Bloody good it is too. A few eBay sellers are now selling what they claim is a rip-off of this CD.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Thanks,

Beware the pirated manuals on Ebay. They're bogus. 99% of the info on them is for other makes/models of car.

So there is no Haynes or Chilton's Manual for this car, just the Saab OEM version?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
Icarus Q. Anybody

There's no third-party ones that I know of. Back when I got mine, the closest thing was the Haynes one for the GM900 which, I'm told, shares a lot of stuff with the early 9-3.

The Saab one is well worth the money IMHO. If you do your own maintenance, It'll most likely pay for itself on the first job.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The Workshop Information System for the 9-3 is what you want. This is a great resource.

There is also the Electronic Parts Catalogue. This is basically the old parts microfiches put on a disc. Don't buy one if you want service information.

See what the Saab dealer would want for a "wis". Sometimes they will not sell one to you. In this case, the 98-99 9-3 WIS is relatively easy to find on peer-to-peer electronic dowload networks. If the dealer price is reasonable, I would suggest buying the disc however, as it would be properly updated, etc.

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr

Like the man said ...! BTW, you're right - Haynes *don't* do a 9-3 manual, not even in Swedish! Cheers

Reply to
hippo