PING Paul Halliday

You got mail. (and a Dog guard)

Al

P.S. For those who didn't get a dog guard, go here:-

Sorry there aren't many, spent too long gassin!

Reply to
Al

in article iQazg.34664$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 30/07/2006 23:58:

Yay! Cheers Al ... Thanks a million. I'll give you a ring later on to arrange collection. Orca is going in to Aeromotive today for "the big tart-up" ... Pictures to follow in a week or so.

I've seen a few pictures of the UK SOC National. That lovely first model year C900 was there again (that light green one you have a picture of) and a couple of lovely 99Ts. I spend my day bottling homebrew and then the evening drinking it :)

I've found this album last night ... anyone got any more?

Oddities included a SAAB 006 (3.5 BHP child driving education car) and for the UK, a Sonett III ... Oh, and a couple of Sonett II cars. That red Airflow 99T is something quite special, isn't it?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I take it you won't be attending this.

"Skoda Owners have been invited by the Saab owners club to attend a=20 track day at RallyDrive at their tarmac test circuit at Blyton just=20 north of Gainsborough. The track is 1 1/2 miles east of Blyton on the=20 B1205 (see

for a map). The event is ideal for beginers and older cars as well as the latest=20 models.

The track at Blyton has been booked for Sat 5th August, the cost for the=20 day is =A358.75, this is payable in full if you want to take part. For=20 this you will get 2 1/2 hours track time in 1/2 sessions with a limit of=20

6 cars on the track at once. Action will start from 9:00am till approx=20 4:30-5:00pm.=20

All crews (driver and passengers) will need to wear a crash helmet and=20 sign a disclaimer before venturing out on the track.

Please could you indicate if you are driving a competition car or a road=20 car. It is envisaged to place all competition cars together in one=20 group.

Cheque's should be made payable to the Saab Owners Club of Great Britain=20 Ltd. Also include the model of car and if for road or competition use.=20

Daves address;

David Barrow

27 Lilac Avenue Widnes Cheshire WA8 6SX. snipped-for-privacy@saabclub.co.uk " then? Dave is the Saab OC motorsport blokey. I'm going to spectate.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 31/07/2006 21:03:

Aw, crap! No SAAB for a couple of weeks now :( Mind you, after a solid wedge of cash on re-spraying and replacement (rotted) panels, the last thing I would be doing is ragging it around a track :)

I doubt I'll be along as a spectator, since my birthday is on the 3rd and we're going away for "an unspecified number of days". Take some pictures, will you ... I'd love to see some 130s (well, 135/136, too) alongside 99s. Handling-wise, could you split the RWD Skoda against the perfectly balanced

99T or C900?

What's the meaning of Elder, BTW? You into trees now? :) I was thinking about you the other day when I saw this:

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Getting old now, and since I sold the 900 cabrio (too much welding needed arround the screen+ new screen+new roof) and bought an Octavia GLXi, I decided I would have something less carcentric that would be better for other groups.

I've seen that picky before. Really funny.

The car I want to see at that trackday is the Volvo PV544, I really love them, fantastic '40's american style car. And yes a decent RWD Skoda would be down on power, but on a tight curcuit with loose surface would probably keep up against a 99.

Reply to
Elder

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder at snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com wrote on 03/08/2006 23:40:

My Orca has just gone in for lots of bodywork ... I popped across today to have a look and she's in bits with the doors off and new metal being grafted in over the front arches. She'll look great in a week, or so.

It'll be good to see if there are some nice 99s there. As I said, a link to some pictures would be great.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I'm going to be out really early for a Saturday, for a couple of hours driving.

So I'll try to remember to take the camera.

Reply to
Elder

got loads of pickies and few vids, Skoda S100, Favorit, Fabia vRS and Rapid + Else Mobil Challenge 900, twin Carb 900, Mad Mini, v4 and two stroke 96, and a two Stroke Sonnet.

Once I get them off the camera, will post them.

Reply to
Elder