Re: CHeck engine flashes four times on 91 9000, what does this mean

have u tried calling a saab dealer in your area?

The dealer may want you to think that is what it means ;-)

Buried somewhere in the Townsend site is an explanation of the flash codes for some cars - seems to be down at the moment though :-(

AndyH '94 9000 CDE

> > > WHen I get in to start it, after the computers boot up, I get an ERR in > > the info display and a CHECK ENGINE that blinks four times. Car seems to > > run fine. DOes anyone know the meaning of this secret code ? > > Thanks > > JC > > -- > > Jim Collins > > Issaquah, WA > >
Reply to
Andy Hookins
1 Switch on ignition, do not start. 2 Check engine light will come on for 6 seconds. 3 Comes back on for 3 seconds. 4 Goes off. 5 Flash code begins. 6 2 Flashes = Map sensor. 7 3 Flashes = Intake air temp sensor. 8 4 Flashes = Engine coolant temp sensor. 9 5 Flashes = Throttle position sensor. 10 6 Flashes = Oxygen sensor. 11 7 Flashes = Adaptation. 12 8 Flashes = EVAP can purge valve. 13 9 Flashes = Control module Internal fault. 12 Disconnect battery earth lead for 5 minuets to clear code.
Reply to
Saabtech

Reply to
Jim Collins