Red anti-freeze

Yes, slowly. Unless you have crappy city water, very slowly. So slowly that you can't tell the difference.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Tap water served me just fine over the years. Of all of the cars I ever own, sheet metal corrosion is the only corrosion i see. You can't convince people that parts in contact with tap water diluted coolant corrode faster than sheet metal in contact with salt, moisture and air.

Reply to
yaofeng

Obligatory remarks:

I do not own a SAAB. I have never owned a SAAB. My brother used to own an '86 9000, on which I was the lead technical advisor. Occasionally, it ran.

About once every five or six months, I drop by to see what's happening at AAS.

I hope I have been helpful.

Reply to
Kim_Jong_Il

"Excellent site - thanks for the link."

You mean I actually did something useful? How did that happen? Maybe this makes up for all those times I... Uh, perhaps not.

Best wishes.

Reply to
Kim_Jong_Il

I save rain water from a central air conditioner during the summer. Same thing.

During the first half hour of rain, what falls is acid rain. After that, it's distilled water.

Reply to
Kim_Jong_Il

"Excellent site - thanks for the link."

You mean I actually did something useful? How did that happen? Maybe this makes up for all those times I... Nah, perhaps not.

Best wishes.

Reply to
Kim_Jong_Il

Obligatory facts:

I do not own a SAAB. I have never owned a SAAB. My brother used to own an '86 9000, on which I was the lead technical advisor. Occasionally, it ran.

Reply to
Kim_Jong_Il

Obligatory facts:

I do not own a SAAB. I have never owned a SAAB. My brother used to own an '86 9000, on which I was the lead technical advisor. Occasionally, it ran.

About once every five or six months, I drop by to see what's happening at AAS.

Reply to
Kim_Jong_Il

I know a guy who used sea water in his cars radiator. Worked fine until one day the water pump fell off the engine. GeeeeeeeeeWhizzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to
darthpup