Sluggish Tachy

Ho Folks, on my 1989 9000 the tachy doesn't work until after maybe 5 minutes running. The reading then slowly increases from zero, gradually rising, and then suddenly works properly. I had exactly the same simptom on the speedo of an earlier 9000.

Can anyone shed any light on how these instruments work and is a local repair possible? Any tips or hits would be welcome.

Thanks all.

Reply to
Gizzmo

My guess is you've got either a cracked solder joint or a dried out electrolytic capacitor on the circuit board in the tach, some cars these are easy to take apart, some are damn near impossible. Never tried on a 9000.

Reply to
James Sweet