Squeak

Hi,

The boot lid of my 9000 (hatch back) squeaks quite badly when I open it or close it. Tried spraying some oil (WD40) in the hinges but it made no difference. So I am left with the rubber seals (and given the loudness it has to be the seals).

Is there any lubricant that can be used on the face of the rubber seals?

Cheers Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

you could try something like vaseline, that should be ok

Reply to
kingdoodlesquat

Any petroleum product such as vaseline will *rot* real rubber.

Silicone grease would be safe AIUI though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore