Thud sound 9-3 2005 Linear

This is odd, it is winter here in Ohio so after I have started the Saab and driven anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes, there is a thud sound in the roof as though a rock had hit the car. My guess is the metal in the roof is expanding due to the car heating up ????

Reply to
John Mickler

Do you have a sunroof? If so, have that checked.

Reply to
dan

Of course, you shouldn't rule out envious bystanders throwing rocks / snowballs at your car...

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Hope they didn't use surplus Cavalier parts, my Cavalier does that. I thought it was stuff falling from trees till I noticed it happened in wide-open areas also. My guess is that your guess is correct--I have no solution though.

Reply to
saabyurk