What Really Is the 3.0lL V6 in the '95 9000CDE

Does anyone know where the V6 came from? It is marked in several places with the GM trademark. I am wondering if it is not the Buick V6 with some SAAB enhancements. Also wondering if it can be replaced with one of the larger GM V6's like the 3.1 or 3.5L?

Reply to
ebee1

Was there a v6 in the 9000 back then ?

Anyway... It's from Opel. Some people here know more about it than me. I think the Buick engines are US GM sourced.

The best thing to do with a V6 is to replace the engine and car with a turbo model.

Reply to
Bob

I heard somewhere that the Cadillac CTS and Saturn LS 6 cyl engines (both of these US cars are Opel based) would fit. If you want to make it interesting, how about shoehorning a CTS V-8 in the engine bay? ;-)

Walt Kienzle

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

A Ferrari V8 was a factory option for the 9000's sister car Lancia Thema.

Johannes H Andersen