Will the SC be good?

What do you all think? I'm excited about the 9-5 SC, and I would be really disappointed if it turns out to be a bit of a fuddy duddy. I'm also in the
U.S.A., and I really want the manual transmission, rather than an auto with the flappy paddles, and I'm thinking that this might not make it here?
    Aaron W. Hsu
--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

I'm fairly convincedm that you'll like the 9-5 SC. And I'm pretty sure, that you can order one with a manual. You'll just have to wait longer to get the car. ;o)
--
Er du til Saab: http://www.saabklub.dk /
Handel ikke med Bøje & Brøchner - Ford i Vejle: http://www.bb-vejle.dk/

Heh.
    Aaron W. Hsu
--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

Aaron W. Hsu wrote 2011-05-25 22:18:

And now it looks like you will have to wait forever. Saab no longer has money to pay the workers, bankruptcy is not far away.
--
th

Yes it is! A Chineese company has just bought 583 Saab's, worth EUR 13 mio. Plus the real estate will be sold very shortly, also generating money.
--
Er du til Saab: http://www.saabklub.dk /
Handel ikke med Bøje & Brøchner - Ford i Vejle: http://www.bb-vejle.dk/
On 6/27/2011 5:55 AM, Henrik B. wrote:

I can only say we are waiting and hoping. However, 583 cars is a drop in the proverbial bucket--Saab needs to sell many thousands in order to even survive at all, so they still have a very steep uphill path to follow.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

I agree. As of now, Saab has standing orders of more than 10,000 cars, that needs to be produced to costumers...
--
Er du til Saab: http://www.saabklub.dk /
Handel ikke med Bøje & Brøchner - Ford i Vejle: http://www.bb-vejle.dk/
On 6/27/2011 3:20 PM, Henrik B. wrote:

Now, if they can convert those orders into cash flow, it is possible!
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Henrik B. wrote 2011-06-27 21:20:

But I guess that none of those buyers want to pay in advance like the Chinese. The new Chinese mone is only sufficient to pay the salaries plus taxes before end of June. The real estate sale is not sufficient to restart production. The real estate value is estimated to around 30 MEuro but then someone (=the Muller clown?) has to find another 60 MEuro to restart production.
--
th

"Henrik B." wrote:

Looks good, but slightly larger than necessary.
A new car that hits the sweet spot of size, performance, costs for potential replacement of my 9000 CSE is this one:
http://www.mg.co.uk/the-models/mg6-gt.aspx
Although the interior is a bit dull compared to the 9000, but equipment is good.
johannes wrote:

In the U.S., with Kids? Larger is good. :-) Especially if I can get good gas mileage from it.
    Aaron W. Hsu
--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

On 5/24/2011 11:47 PM, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

I've seen some (fuzzy) pictures of the 9-5 Aero BioPower Wagon. Looks good, though I'd not want a wagon myself.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

My wife isn't crazy about Wagons either, but I'm the one that does the long distance cruising across the states, and for that, it's hard to beat a good Wagon, IMO.
    Aaron W. Hsu
--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.