Latest threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing valve guide seals on 1992 9000 T?
Sometimes I get smoke out of my 1992 9000T on the first run down the road in the morning. After that it is OK. I am assuming this engine still has the rubber valve guide seals and this is likely the...

1992 9000T oil leak
I had an oil leak from my 92 9000 T. It appeared to be combing from around the filter mount. I bought a new o-ring for the oil filter mount from Mile Hi in Denver. Replacing it was much easier than I...
1
1

Check engine ?
The check engine started to light today on my 9-5 Aero 2001. Sudenly the idle droped from normal 900 rpm to 500 rpm. At the same time the TCS switched off. The engine seams to run ok white normal...
4
4

'88 C900S fuel return line
Started on the head gasket job tonight, so far so good. The fuel return line from the regulator is pretty ratty and got even worse while removing it. Does the rubber line run all the way to the back...

XP Saab 9-3 handbrake problem.
Hi all, A while ago, I changed the rear discs on my 2001 9-3 (drum-in-disc handbrake). Not long after, I noticed that the handbrake on one side would sometimes grab momentarily a couple of times if I...
2
2

Glove compartment???
I just bought a 95 9000 CSE last week and have a really dumb question. Does this car have a glove compartment? I have looked all over, have read the manual and can't find anything. Sorry to ask such a...
2
2

Swapping front seats over?
Is it possible to swap the two front seats (leather, if that is relevant) on a 1998 Saab 900 convertible? Are they "handed"? Alternatively could just the two seat backs be changed over? The driver's...

[Saab_c900] Are new turbo overboost switches for 8V engines available?
Hiya, Got a bit of an issue with the overboost switch in my 8V turbo. Has a big vacuum leak and I think it's one of the reasons that the engine's not running properly (and not starting at all...
4
4

Re: Give this a try
You're crap. Yes, start vanishing from our group. Give it a try!

Electrical problems
I have just had to replace the SID and ACC control panel on my 02 9-5 Aero at less than 4 years old and costing over £700! Can anyone give me the address of Saab's customer service in Sweden? TIA
5
5

[Saab_c900] Eagleday.com parcel arrived with AMP 'Junior Timer' parts!
As mentioned previously, after I found that stocked AMP 'Junior Timer' connectors and parts I placed an order for some pins, a few replacment boots, and some of the retaining clips. The package has...

FOR SALE. ebay UK, Wood/Walnut Dash for C900
As the subject says. See:- 's for RHD UK spec. If you are a regullar here, send me an email back from this thread, if you want it I'm sure I can do you a substantial discount. You need to be a...
4
4

9-5 Radio/clock display panel
I have an intermittent digit on the central display panel. I reckon this might just be some corrosion on the contact.... but how on earth do you remove the central display panel? Any ideas? Ivor
1
1

1972 96 help please.
I am trying to remove the body linings that are at the sides of the rear seat. The bottoms and sides come out all right, but I can't work out how the top edge is held in out. The lining is brown and...
3
3

9000 Anniversry roll-bars
1997 9000 Anniversary in the USA Does this car have the normal 18mm roll-bars of the CS, or had it got the 19mm "Aero" ones by this stage please?
2
2