98 Instrument Cluster in a '94

Q: will the '98 SC2 SL2 cluster fit ok in my '94 SL2 ?

-- MP

Reply to
Maksym Polyakov

Maksym Polyakov typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

No, the interiors are different. I'm sure it could be done, but you'd need to swap the entire dash assembly.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

In addition, you would need to rewire the cluster's connector in order to make it work. And there's no guarantees that all the gauges and circuits within the cluster are compatible between those years.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Reply to
Maksym Polyakov

I would think that would work just fine. I know of several Saturn owners who have swapped from an automatic transmission to a manual and none have reported ill effects as far as the cluster or idiot lights go.