creaky clutch pedal

Ok, this is another reason to turn the radio up.

When depressing the clutch pedal on my '07 ION it is creaky. Is there any way to lubricate the pedal or pedal shaft? I thought it was my shoes, so I tried barefoot, same creaky noise. TIA.

Reply to
marx404

My 03 Ion makes a squeel after shifting out of 2nd gear,it disappeared for a few months ,now I heard it today,maybe I'm giving it too much gas?.

Reply to
teem

The pedals are not too hard to pull:

Providing they used the same model they have used in all their years.

If you do take out the cable to lube it, be extremely dilligent at looking at the clutch cable for bluing and arced areas.

Bad grounds are a major cause of clutch and shifter problems.

Reply to
Refinish King