Ecotec oil cartridge filter

Does anyone know about the ecotec oil filters? How many ppm they filter? If there are any other brands other than the OEM? I think the new design is neat.

Reply to
marx404

is a good place to start. This is the site of the French (Yecch!) company that makes the Ecotec filters.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

On the boxes they sometimes give you the ppm.

Pennzoil PZ58 Fram CH9018 Purolator L15436 STP S9018R

It sure is easier to change the filter on an ecotec over the rest of Saturns engines.

Reply to
Blah blah

Actually look IN the boxes if you get a chance.

I KNOW, for example that the Fram is simply the PURFLUX filter made by the French folks.

The web site that I listed gives a filtering efficiency vs particle size graph for the filter.

Also, if you look at the AC Delco web sites picture of that filter, it's also the PURFLUX filter.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

That doesn't mean that it has the same specs...

James

Reply to
James1549