Service Engine Soon Light

Hi, I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with the 3.5 V6 and AT. I'm getting a steady Service Engine Soon Malfunction light. It runs fine. It only has 39,000 miles on it, (Just out of warranty) Already checked my gas cap. Any opinions or help would be appreciated. thanks

Reply to
thaiisland2003

My Saturn was doing the same, it turned out to be a sensor in the gas tank that measured tank pressure.

Reply to
Shawn

Reply to
blah blah

Those readers at auto zone are toys,my 03 Ion was doing the retard (in boston dialect) thing all winter,it'dbe great if it were gas cap issue,but I hope the reader at saturn will tell the truth once & for all.

Reply to
teem

I'm not talking about the ones they SELL nor care about the QUALITY of the reader! Every reader will give you the set CODE from the ECM. Autozone will read codes for FREE, then you come on here and tell us the Powertrain code(s) that were set then we can then and only THEN can we begin diagnosing the problem instead of playing these silly guessing games. If you want to pay the dealership for a diagnosis or to have the codes read to you then be my guess. If you want us to try and figure it out, start by giving somewhere TO start. No one here is telepathic.

Reply to
blah blah