trouble starting 2000 SL2

The SL2 starts when I back-off on the clutch while turning the key in the ignition, which seems to indicate the range for the Starter Safety Switch Operation is compromised. According to the Owner's Manual, the car should start ONLY when the clutch is on the floor. Can anyone help me determine the repair needed?

Reply to
rickett

problems find the part# to replace the safety switch that is bad. I temp. fixed it by bypassing the switch. (un-hooked the connector and pluged a fuse into the end). If you have any luck finding a replacement switch, hook me up and let me know where you found it, PLEASE!

Reply to
bznutz

Are those switches sealed? Can you not disassemble them and clean the contacts? I'm asking because I'm curious, I never had a reason to look under there.

Reply to
navaidstech