What's this worth?

I have a '94 SC2 that's been crashed - just hard enough to total it, according to the insurance company. Everything from the firewall back is in perfect shape, and the engine and transmission are fine. Would it be worth putting this up for sale for parts, or would I be better off just calling the junkyard, and let them have it? I'm considering Ebay, too. What do you guys think?

Jack Bass Wishes from South Florida Jack

Reply by email to k a z e e jk at ay-oh-well dot com. Just remove the spaces, fix the last part, and so on.

Reply to
Jknomail

Why not do both? Part it out on ebay for 7 day auctions then scrap the rest?

Reply to
Tenzo

If it is totaled, doesn't the insurance company keep the wreck?

Ed

Jknomail wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

...I bought one back years ago - they just deduct the scrap value from the payoff value. So if the check was say $2,500 and you told them you wanted the car, they would come up with a scrap value (ex: $500), and you'd end up with a $2,000 check.

Is this anyone else's experience? Blue - you out there?, you know about this stuff.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

That's the way it's worked for me in the past....

1986, AZ, State Farm.

Works this way for fire damaged equipment too (1998, NY, Travelers)

If the insurance company pays you for anything (car, fire damage, etc) technically, they own the item. They can either claim it (they did on my car) or tell you to trash it (they did on our fire damage, they took a few things, told us to trash the rest).

With the car, they offered to sell it back for a few hundred, which I should have taken them up on but didn't.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Salvage laws vary from state to state. Some states ( I think most is more accurate) will require you to have the car retitled with a "salvage " title to indicate that it was rebuild after being deemed a total loss. Typically they will deduct a salvage value from the actual cash value . If anyone is interested in seeing just how much wrecked cars/bikes/boats/rvs go for : Salvagedirect.com is a website used by some insurance companies to move there cars . Some pretty cool wrecks on there - Vipers, Z06 Vettes ...

Reply to
Blue87T