1964 GT HAWK R2 mint original car for sale

Last year of production. All ORIGINAL - paint, interior, motor, supercharger, etc. - and in MINT condition. 3 documented owners. Reluctant sale due to financial circumstances. Numbers matching car with unique one-of-a-kind history (delivered at factory as warranty replacement for defective '63 R2). Pics on request. This is a serious RARE car for a serious investor. $58,000.00

Bob

Reply to
Bob

If he can get $58K for a '64, I'll have a '61 on the next day for $56K and personally deliver it anywhere in the US.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Hmmmm .... and how many '61's were built?

Reply to
Bob

3,663
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Hmmmm ..... that's quite a few more than the 70 R2 Hawks made in '64, with only 24 of those being non-package cars, and who knows how many are mint survivors. You can easily spend this much on a proper restoration and what do you end up with? ... an unoriginal car.

Reply to
Bob

Good luck getting $58,000 for it... my advice is if someone offers you 50% of that, grab it and run.

You might want to look over this 1 of 9 '63 to get an idea of what those cars are selling for.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Maybe at Barrette Jackson on a good day. My 63 R2 just sold for 25K on ebay, and I was offered 40K for my R2 64, but that one has a 70K restoration to trailer queen status. It's here, and I'll hoping for 45K in the fall.

Bob wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I just pulled a booger out of my nose. It is a one of a kind, unrestored, unmolested, completely original and showing no wear what so ever. Does anyone think I can get $58K for it. I doubt it. Rarity does not equate to value.

-- thanks, Jerry Forrester check out my ebay store....

Jerry Forrester

If you send it to Jeff Rice I'll pay the postage.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Have you seen and compared both cars? The red '63 is a patched up 'restored' car with not great paint and poor fitting panels, vinyl on dash, etc. etc. NO COMPARISON! and it still brought more than $30k ... and about $20k more was spent on it? Good investment? I don't think so. 1 of 9 ???? ... right, whatever.

Reply to
Bob

This could get good. Sounds like Bob knows more about GT Hawks than JP. JP should be ashamed to sell those patched up high school restorations with the $200 Deluxe Earl Scheib paint jobs..

Like I said, for someone who needs to sell the car for financial reasons, waiting on $58,000 could mean living in this thing. If you want to see what the market is for this car, put it on E-Bay and see if you get more than half your asking price... my money would be on maybe $25K.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

This is some kind of really brief advertisement? I would think that anyone interested in maximizing the potential gain from the sale of a car of this caliber would put a little bit more effort into its sale. Or is he expecting a line to form of people with checks in hand? I was just wondering.... Tim K.

Reply to
GTtim

Bob

Woah! I'm sorry, I see the ad now on the forum. By the way, I've seen the car in person and it is a real honey. Good luck, Bob. Tim K.

Reply to
GTtim

Lee, those are your words not mine, and I do not claim to know more than JP, since I've only owned maybe 60 or 70 Studes over a 35 year period.

Reply to
Bob

Not great paint

translation: Not much better then factory, but a 5K plus clear/coat color coat

Poor fitting panels

translation: I have no idea what you are talking about unless it was the hood which I did align.

vinyl on dash

Translation:

true, but it is the vinyl wood grain as used by the factory back in 63

No doubt your car may be nicer in some area's, but the red Hawk was not exactly a turd. maybe a condition 2. Some folks might even prefer a everything rebuilt/upgraded in the last 5000 miles car to a nice original one. I did not knock your car, just commenting on current market value.

Reply to
John Poulos

John, I was not trying to disparage your car but only paraphrasing the few shortcomings you mentioned in your listing and what I observed regarding the fit of the passenger door and trunk lid. I don't doubt it was a very nice car indeed, not a turd, and the auction showed its worth. I think what this spirited dialogue boils down to is this - 'most' people may prefer an absolutely 'perfect' car like your green '64 (I'm drooling all over my keyboard) while a very few others, myself included, appreciate a 'survivor' simply because they are SO hard to find and impossible to duplicate regardless of how deep one's pockets. Different strokes ....

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Maybe, but they sure sounded a lot like the not so complimentary words you wrote. If you have owned that many cars then you should be fairly familiar with the current value of your car.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud
70, hell, I owned that many by the late 1970's, 400 plus now and going up, 20-40 year.

Bob

Reply to
John Poulos

I agree, the trick is to find just the guy that prefers a nice survivor to a trailer queen.

Bob wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos