58 Scotsman Hood Decal?

Posted at Studebaker Truck Talk a few days ago, but no results.

Hi All,

Still cleaning out the '58 Scotsman acquired recently. Power washed some exterior and now it looks like something interesting. Better in some places than typical for a Minnesota truck.

Ordering the Production Sheet from the SNM. Noted that it has some options as defined in the December 1988, Turning Wheels article.

Carefully blasted the hood and hand washed the decal to get the lichens off. The decal is there yet, somewhat fractured but still visable in the details.

Of course this brings up the question: Does anyone have or know who might have replacement decals? I cannot locate any part number in the manuals for the decal or discover any posts here or at other internet sites that tell anything about the decal or replacements.

Is this an item to add to the "Unobtanium List?" Dennis at Sasco advised he has never seen one?

All tips, thoughts and leads appreciated....

Henry Votel Forest Lake, MN

Reply to
gudim

Bondo Bill can probably reproduce it for you with a good picture and dimensions. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Thanks Paul,

Vendors are easily located who can reproduce it. The problem is that the decal is still attached to the hood and there is no way to remove it. So reproduction has additional issues.

I will be taking the hood to a local decal manufacturer if that is the only option.

My query is if any decals are available from someone. . . .

Henry Votel Forest Lake, MN

Reply to
gudim

Hi Barry,

I've placed a call to SI. Nothing so far, but they'll start a search. It will be Monday-Tuesday before I'll hear from them.

I'd contact John Brichetto Jr but I have no contact info. Does anyone know how to reach him?

Contact me at: (gudim2005 (-at-) isd.net) if you have info on how to reach John Brichetto Jr.

Thanks all,

Henry Votel Forest lake, MN

Reply to
gudim

I am sure the late John Brichetto had them & maybe SI or some other vendor took over where he left off.. I would call SI first. Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry