AC DELCO DIST.INSTALLED IN AVANTI.

Has anyone swapped out presolite for ac delco in a avanti and found some of the plug wires to be short afterwards?these are wires ordered for this swap.

Reply to
63t-cab

(I assume that you don't have any wires that are too long and you're talking "window-type" distributor.)

I've never done it on an Avanti, but it sounds like a communications problem and that someone thought the "Avanti" referred to the R-series engine, which some folks call an "Avanti engine," forgetting or not knowing about the shielding.

Give them a call.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

You would have to have a custom fitted set of wires- for an Avanti without the original (type) distributor. The Prestolite is shorter, and not nearly as big in diameter. I'm very surprised a Delco will even fit under the shielding (unless modified). The wires I sell (not sure if you purchased mine).. are fitted only for the Original distributor. They are sized so that nothing rubs on the shielding, they run through the looms, and don't have anything to spare on the plug end. This makes for the cleanest and best working installation. Your only other choice for wires- is a "universal set" that you cut and crimp your own terminals on.

Ray

63t-cab wrote:

Reply to
Studeman