Any one want to buy a '62 GT?

My old '63 re-surfaced after many years. It is the first Stude I ever "finished", and the nicest. Dispite the Rose Mist color, I loved that car. I would like to buy it back, but first must let go of my '62. Here is the skinny.

1962 GT 289 4 BBL (originally), Now a 224 block, bored .093 over to 304.5. Ross forged pistons, reworked heads, R-2 cam, new guts, reworked rockers, edelbrock 600 CFM with a Edelbrock air cleaner. Strong engine. I have the original block. New dual exhaust. Less than 1000 miles on rebuild and exhaust. Originally a 4 speed, now a Chevy T-5 OD manual with new clutch (original tranny may be available through someone else). 3.94 open diff, originally a 3.31 TT. I have another 3.31, and the original may be available through someone else. Interior is original and in amazingly good condition. Taupe. Not show, but darn nice. Tire are fair with some sort of Lark caps. NO rust California car bought new in Compton (Los Angeles), I bought the car in Orange county. The trunk gasket leaks, so some surface stuff has appeared in the last years...NO rust through or anything but light surface in the trunk in two areas. Originally a radio delete, now has a working proper Studebaker AM The tach stopped working so now has a Stewart/Warner reasonable facsimile electronic tach. Center trunk antenna. Originally no power steering, now has a power steering rig on it. Disconnected right now secondary to severely leaking return hose. The unit and ram did not leak. After market A/C, charged with 134A, worked 3 years ago, now needs a charge. All intact. Terrible Earl Schieb Gold paint. A 50 footer. One 6" compound dish dent in a door. Decent stainless and chrome, good driver material. Brakes totally rebuilt by Orange County Studebaker about 10 years ago and maybe 3 thousands miles ago. They are stock, but work fine. Fun car, I have tried to explain as much as I can, but call for more info. I would like to get around $5000 for the car, but call and talk to me. Transport is on your dime. Kelly 520-762-0271 (Home). Arizona time, now on California time (we don't recognize no stinkin daylight savings time).
Reply to
kelmbaker

John Poulos

Got any pics that you can e mail me?? I might be a serious buyer. Could the car be driven as is.

Louis

Reply to
GABOY

The car is a driver. I did a Tucson to Flagstaff turn around to break in the motor about three weeks ago. 500 miles total. No problems. That isn't a warranty, just that I have confidence in taking the car on the road. Pictures? I'm technology challenged. I'll go to Walgreen's and get a digital camera so I can get a disc to send out pics. Be patient. my e-mail is kelmbakeratmsndotcom

Kelly

Reply to
kelmbaker

I was trying to work out your engine specs but can't get your numbers with a

224 block by boring .093" over unless you bored it out about 0.125". If you used a 259 or 289 and bored it out .093" you would get the 304.5. But are you are saying you used a 224 block and bored it out .093" over the stock 289 specs then you would get the 304.5 with the 289 crank?

Just trying to see what you did.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Kelly, knowing seeing and having driven the car, I would think you could get more than $5,000 for it. As it sits, and seeing the quality of some of the cars that pop up on ebay, I would think you could get $6,500 for it. I guess you really want that first car that you did,

Bob Miles

Reply to
bob m

The Studebaker block is a block is a block. The engines after the

232... I don't know a thing about 232's. They are either full flow, or partial flow, but the differences are all in the stroke. The 224 was picked because it had the thickest cylinder walls of any of the engines that were tested hydrosonically from a group that included "R" motors....it had less core drift and could handle the bore over (.093) on a stock size 259/289. If a 224 is a different bore than a 259 or 289 (I didn't think so, I thought it had a very short throw crank), the bore was made to fit 304.5 pistons. I will go look up a 224 bore again, but I think it is the same as 259 and 289. Am I wrong?

KM

Reply to
kelmbaker

Reply to
rustynutgarage

Reply to
John Poulos

Again, someone offering an essence of the NG .

Bob Miles

Reply to
bob m