C-K driveshaft question...

can someone with a factory 4-speed Hawk that's up on a lift do me a favor, shoot a pic of the area around the exhaust, driveshaft, and e-brake cable? I have the driveshaft from a '62 4-speed car, and I don't see how it won't rub on the e-brake cable and/or push it into the exhaust... I'm not aware of any special e-brake parts for a 4-speed car...

thanks

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I can look for it a little later, but I'm pretty sure there was a bulletin about a change in diameter for those driveshafts.

Reply to
Dwain G.

That's the problem I'm seeing; the stick driveshaft is significantly larger than the flightomatic one. I thought briefly about using the FOM one but it's too short; my driveshaft stretcher is broken at the moment :)

After looking under the car it looks like I can lower the e-brake cable about 1" from its present position before it rests on the exhaust pipes. I'll have to see if bending that lever will help. I'm nowhere near dropping the engine in the car so this is not a pressing issue.

Oddly enough, the crossmember doesn't have the holes for the stick mount, despite the parts books claiming that it's all the same part. Fortunately JP has one to compare, so I can see where to drill the holes.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to