Door Striker

Any one know if late model Lark door strikers fit 59 Larks? Do the door catches need changing as well or will that not work?

Most importantly is are they any better?

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

As far as cars are concerned, they all interchange from 1956 on up. In 1964 they tried to eliminate the safety catch, because the casting would break, rendering the safety portion inoperative. Therefore those had NO safety catch. In 1965, they were back to using the prior design, used since 1956. In 1966 there was an overall lengthening of the striker plate, which gave it more material ahead of the safety. Those were the best of the lot. KK

Reply to
keith_kichefski

This sounds like I have some work to do. I will have to see if I can do some thing about that problem. In the mean time I will put in some NOS ones.

Thanks,

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz