ebay $

Must be worth it, JP bought them!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Probably are; I bet you'd pay almost that much to have decent ones rechromed.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That would be me. My molding was destroyed by UPS on the way to be replated for $500-4600 so it was a bargain.

Rat Hawk wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Hell, $600 is about 1% of the money the PO and I will have in this Hawk by the time I'm done and everything has to be perfect at this point.

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

LIke I said before, You have the wrong plater. I can do a set for about $250. Barry'd iin Studes

Reply to
Barry

Barry, Does your plater use the high fill copper first over pits?

Reply to
Rat Hawk

Then you can be rich in a few weeks. Take all your pitted sets, have them done with show plating for $250 and make a fortune on ebay.

Barry wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

It is funny how ebay works on plated parts. I do occasionally sell chrome on ebay, but I have found that with ebay that you get chicken some days & feathers other days. I was shocked that those parts brought that kind of $$. That is about what I get for a pair of Hawk side grill bezels. Much depends on the needs/mood of bidders at the time of sale. Sometimes we can scoop up a bargain and other times we are scratching our heads at the high bids, wishing our own stuff could sell that high. Unfortunately, I do not have that many platable cores left, but was fortunate enough to get a clean set a the recent SC zone meet for a low price.

Watch for a beautiful belt molding for K body drivers door I will be listing on ebay soon. I also have a super grill shell for a '29-30 coming up in the ASR. It is just as nice as the 27 Packard grill shell & the other shiney stuff at my table at the Intl meet.

Reply to
Barry