Egbert's Avanti gas cap on ebay

I thought it was against E-Bay listing rules to list multiple auctions within one auction. Every auction he has a full listing of the Avanti he's putting up for auction.

Lee

--

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I wondered about that too, but if you notice he only says he's selling the Avanti, not that it's being auctioned.

Nice looking Avanti though.

Jeff DeWitt

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

If you say so...

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
John Poulos

I'm not a fan of those body colored bumpers or the square headlights but the car looks like it's in great shape and I really like the color.

Jeff DeWitt

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

--

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

John Poulos

After Studebaker he lived in California. Maybe that is why he needed a locking gas cap.

Malcom Gillette wrote:

> --

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Is it a Studebaker accessory locking gas cap, or aftermarket?

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

What about the "Key Made in England"?

Craig.

EBAY/

Reply to
studebaker8

Do you think Egbert used to roll those dice when he was sitting at his desk at the Admin Building?

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Just remember the strange hours he worked and where he lived!! "Home" would have been no problem, his 840 acre private estate aka Studebaker Proving Grounds, where the clubhouse was converted into his private residence. Probably a good, secure site. Its his working hours, no doubt. Story has it, he got up at 1 or 2 in the AM, drove to the plant and checked things out before anyone else got there. He would have had to leave that Avanti parked in the dark of night outside the empty plant in various locations where it could have been a target.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8