Ever use a Snipe Bidder?

I do occasionally, maybe 1 or 2 times a month. Ebay asked me to change my password recently. I use a different password to open the sniper, but I'm not smart enough to ALSO update my ebay password on record with the sniper. That oversite just cost me a piece of literature that I was sure to win.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Are you sure that the "eBay" request to change password was real? Lot's of phishing going on out there.

I've been with eBay since 1999 and have never received such a request.

JT

Dwa> I do occasionally, maybe 1 or 2 times a month. Ebay asked me to change my

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Did the ebay email use your name or did it say "dear eaby users". If the latter, you better close that account quick.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

No, this was legit. If it's a legitimate request from ebay you will have the same message on your 'My Ebay' page. A few days before this I had a ficticious ebay email inviting me to become a 'Silver Seller'. I don't think I gave away any info, but I may have.

Reply to
Dwain G.