Finally...(OT)

The old house has finally sold. Eight months on the market. The deal was too flaky for even ME to make up; the guy buying it got tossed in prison for drug trafficking and lost his deposit wherein his wife stepped in and took over the deal if we would credit the deposit to her. On and on it went for a couple months but we ended up selling it for top dollar in a dead market. The woman is turning it to rental..another and perhaps the final nail in the coffin of the old neighborhood, but I don't give a rats ass.... I can now concentrate on much more important things...Studebakers and such... I am a happy boy! Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Congratulations George. Now things will hopefully start going your way. And you can make it to chapter meetings. :) Matthew

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
mbstude

Reply to
Studebaker George

Congrats on finally selling it. I wonder how she will make any money on rent? Bruce Williams often talks about how the amount of rent should cover the cost of the mortgage and other expenses. I've never seen that as possible in the California market. Does it in other areas? Before I bought my house in 75, we rented for 12 years. Our rent was never close to what a house payment would have been.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Rentals where my duplex is located are in the range of $2 - 3 / sq ft. This includes off-street parking and water / sewer, private entrance, deck/porch and all sorts of shops within walking distance. Larger building have turned into condos recently so that renters hav a very limited choice.

Things aren't cheap in San Diego. Karl

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
midlant