How to remove distributor (289 in a 56H)

I am about to pull the engine and I have followed all the steps in the shop manual for removing the distributor so it won't get damaged while pulling the enging out. When I lift up on the base of the distributor, it will move about 1/4" and that's all. I have pulled as hard as I can with some leverage but it won't come out. How can I get this thing out?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim Ulrich

It finally came out but I had to stand on top of the upper control arms and pull with all my might with an occasional wiggle (of the distributor).

Reply to
Tim Ulrich

Reply to
oldcarfart

sni[

Heh... So you were ahead of the curve way back then too, eh?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire