Hurst Linkage

Has anybody ever put jam nuts on the threads of the linkage? My 1-2 rod is a little loose in the threaded end. I think that is the reason I have trouble down shifting to 2nd.

Reply to
studeluver

I was planning on doing that to my car, just so I could set up the linkage "on the bench" and then install the shifter in the car "easily." Don't see why it wouldn't work, the threads on the rod are

3/8" NF (i.e. nothing special)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Yep...always do.

It also keep the shift rods from flopping around so much too.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Hey Guys, Something else that helps is using the steel bushings instead of the nylon ones that come with the shifter. This cuts down on a lot of wobble and slop in the rods. Hurst Pit Pack Part # 332 7302. Check out their online catalog for details.

Dustybob

Reply to
Dustybob