It's alive!

Well, my grandma's 63 Hawk is alive! I cranked it up today for the first time in a few months. I poured a little gas in the carb, and it fired right up. I let it idle for a while, held a constant 50 lbs of oil pressure. All this car really needs is a paint job, seat covers, and brakes. (Factory disk brakes). My grandma came by, and I cranked it up for her. I think it made her week! I've decided that if the Daytona ever finished, we're going to do the Hawk next. It doesn't need much, and I feel guilty for just letting it sit. (BTW, it has all of 66000 original miles on it.) It's NEVER been restored, or been apart. It's had one or two repaints in it's entire life. The interior is totally original, allthough the seats are starting to split pretty bad.

Also, my 59 got a new set of points/condenser today. Runnin' like a Champ!

Didn't do to much to my 63 Daytona, other than remove some more trim, most of which is not going back on. (Anyone need 2 long terribly pitted pieces that go next to the gas cap?)

Spent the rest of the day helping put on the intake gasket on my grandad's 98 Dodge 1500. I think I'll stick with Studes...

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

Do not throw those away. one side SASCO has stacks and stacks of, the other side is unobtanium.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
mbstude

You mean the pot metal pieces that go on the trunk?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Ayup, i remember going through this with JP when he was working on a '63.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel