Need an answer ASAP

Hello. My '64 R1 Daytona is down at the exhaust shop and I am unsure of what kind of chrome tips should be put on the new exhaust. There was some confusion, as I thought they were rolled from the factory -so I asked for rolled. But the shop made a mistake and installed slashed. So, I looked ad the original accessories catalog and it shows a pic of turn downs. Can someone please tell me what is acceptable and was available from the factory? This car is a low milage all original survivor and I'd really like to keep it as original as possible. I have an opportunity to have them changed and just want to make sure I don't blow it again. Many thanks in advance. -Will

Reply to
S2BAKER

I don't think there were any tips from the factory, the factory pipes were slightly turned down and slash cut.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Will,

These are the Don Simmons Silvertone exhaust pipes which are true to the originals. To keep the car as original as possible, I would recommend his exhaust systems. His ad is in Turning Wheels.

Jim Bradley