Need info for installing Avanti motor

I have an R2 Avanti that I bought with a carb air box on it. Someone had shimmed the hood up higher to clear it. I rebuilt the engine and have bought R3 short motor mounts to give the engine more clearance. I also have stuck an 8" high output pulley on it. Now I obviously am having trouble with clearance between the pulley and the power steering cylinder. (I should have remembered reading about this in Stan Gundry's book) Was power steering available with the high output pulley and how did they make clearance?

Reply to
PACKERBACKER