Never easy...

Got a GT in for what should have been a reasonably quick job, rear spring bushings and front A arm bushings. Did the rear bushings and yanked the front apart...started cleaning stuff and found the whole front end is a mess. Bad spindle on one side, upper arms crushed in and bent from previous improper inner bushing installation, lower arms stripped out where the outer bushings screw in, and evidently all the pins and bushings were installed at one time by just "runnin' 'em in"....what a mess....the ONLY things decent were the kingpins! I looked at everything for a while and decided I will toss it all and drag in a low mileage parts Cruiser and pull the whole mess off it. Clean it all up, put in some inner bushings, and stick it under the GT. Any ideas what I should get for the parts?!? I don't think I ever sold a WHOLE front end before.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

George I sold a compleat front end minus drums and backing plates for 200.00 a year ago. Don't know if this is low or high but thats what I was offered.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser