Original Wheels

Any one know the difference between 59-62 wheels and 63 and later wheels? I guy down the road is working on a 63 GT and needs some wheels. I have some from a 62 and they look the same, without measuring, so what is the difference, considering the part numbers 1547448P, early, and 1558828, late?,

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Disc brakes for one. Earlier wheels won't clear the calipers.

Reply to
Ron Butts

The GT he's working on does not have disc brakes. The two part numbers I listed are for non disc brake cars. So, taking in to account that both wheel numbers are for non disc brake cars are there any measurable differences? In my parts book 1558827 is for 63 and later disc equipped cars and 1558828 are

63 and later cars with out disc brakes. Not all 63 wheels are the same.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Reply to