OT-Has anyone started to use IE-7?

That's interesting... I have a cherry (museum quality) PowerTrip laptop that is powered by a p233 w/256 Mb ram. Big problem is that the BIOS only sees an 8 Gb HD even though I have a new 40 Gb installed...

JT

Oujdeivß wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Not uncommon for hat age of computer, there are boot-loaders (tiny bits of software that load in the boot sector) from most of the HD manufacturers that will alleviate that problem and allow the entire HD to be read (depending on the OS)

p.d.

Grumpy AuC> That's interesting... I have a cherry (museum quality) PowerTrip laptop

Reply to
Oujdeivß

'Museum quality'... Does that mean it doesn't work, but looks brand new?

"Grumpy AuC> That's interesting... I have a cherry (museum quality) PowerTrip laptop

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Why indeed? With F/T compared to MS, its the inverse of "you get what you pay for"...perhaps the theme should be "MS..it'll cost you a lot to use it" or "Firefox/Thunderbird...won't cost you anything to use it"

Jim Bartley on PEI--in more than one sense.

Reply to
George

Couple reasons... I use some webpages that don't work with Firefox and because Microsoft is probably going to start pushing out upgrades (instead of you having to download upgrades) so you'll not have a choice but to install it.

Besides, ever since I've upgraded to the latest Firefox, I've experienced periodic computer lockups at work and at home while using it.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud