OT- Is this guy hot dogging or what?

5067&ESRC=navy-a.nlPaul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Gotta be fake - there are too many boats on the water to try that stunt. Further - the telltale white shockwave at the rear of the plane means it was supersonic. There wouldn't have been any swooshing sounds, but silence and then a boom. Finally - this would have been newsworthy, and the AP wasn't carrying it - it would have been on TV shows in a New York minute.

Reply to
zoombot

The Blue Angel "sneek pass" done at 700 mph.

Nope not faked, just condensation from the atmosphere due to the shockwave coming off the plane... you see it all the time if the conditions are correct, usually in turns.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I saw it, albeit from the bridge (GGB). It was not supersonic, but fast, wish I had been closer as in this vid!

Reply to
jab-ph