OT R/C B-29 with X-1 Rocket Airplane

Alex Magdaleno

Very impressive build and flight demonstration... That first barrel roll came awful close to the ground. That thing must have a big fuel tank for that long a demonstration.. Never have seen a real B-29 do a loop, an outside loop, an inverted full turn, but it was fun to watch. Oh, and they carried the X-1 in the belly and not under the wing. Jeff (picky to a fault) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I'm with you, I'd feel better if a miniature Yeager with a miniature stick of Beeman's went down the little elevator and lit the fuse... But, rest assured, somewhere an R/C buff is working up a tiny little Fat Man package.

Alex, I guess you know who Bob Cardenas is?

Reply to
comatus

I didn't know who he was but looked him up on the net. Impressive fellow.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

That would be neat. Maybe have that scale B52 carpet bomb the airshow

Reply to
Jeff