OT Veterans Day

The vast majority of the insurgents are Iraqi's and devastating more cities and killing thousands of civilians just creates more insurgents. What would you do if someone from a foreign country came over here and killed your family?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

For someone as knowledgeable as yourself I am shocked that you are unaware that, while there may well be the occasional Arab living in Iran Iranians are not, in fact, Arabs. From Wikipedia:

name Iran is a cognate of Aryan and literally means "Land of the Aryans."

I'm not at all certain that the citizens of Iraq consider the 100 or so civilians killed for every foreign fighter any kind of bargain. If you want to have a war, it's only good manners to have it in your country or your enemy's, not someone else's.

Just my opinion, of course.

See how easy it is not to be rude?

-- Yorich

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

You are confused, apparently. The radical Islamic terrorist are the ones that are killing civilians at the markets and in the streets of Iraq, not coalition troops.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The President of Iran may not be an Arab but he certainly is a known terrorist leading the fighting in Iraq, Lebanon and Israel.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That's a start. Now finish it - you are wrong, Iranians are not Arabs. Go ahead, say it - you'll feel better.

Then, please back up your statement that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is "leading the fighting". I'm hugely interested in your sources.

--Yorich

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

You seem confused, not Alex. He was responding to your statement in support of coalition troops destroying Sadr City, Fallouja and half of Baghdad. Please try to stay on point.

Try again?

--Yorich

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Who the hell is Yorich?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
John Poulos

They said the same of the FRY back in the middle 90's. Course the serbs are just waiting for NATO to get bored and get out before they go back to killing the others again.

Reply to
transtar60xxx

He's not leading the fighting in Iraq but he is bringing the world to a precipitous edge otherwise...

JT

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The guy's a loon, no way he gets an invite to my next b-day party, but demonizing people with ridiculous statements is no way to be.

Having been chastised with "Try doing a bit of research to educate yourself before commenting on a subject of which you apparently have little or no knowledge.", this pompous pedant gets no slack from me. He is absolutely free to pull 'facts' out of his butt and I am absolutely free to call him on it.

Grumpy AuC> He's not leading the fighting in Iraq but he is bringing the world to a

Reply to
Pat Drnec

What is a Vet? He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day and making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel. He is the barroom loudmouth, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

She - or he - is the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang. He is the POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL. He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand. He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's depths. He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket ? a little shaky and slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp.

He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

Reply to
TomNoller

I have no reason to disbelieve your statment that Iranians are not all Arabs. I have no poblen admitting it, if something I post is not correct..

Do you live in a cave? Do a search that information is readly avialble

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I do not live in a cave, and I did not make such a ridiculous statement. The burden of supporting your nonsense is on you - so do that, or admit you pulled it out of the air.

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Not so Radical Islamic are not fighting for a country. The Radical Islamic terrorist are the folks around the world that are killing civilians including other Islamic believers, in an effort to convert others to their radical interpretation of Islam. There are thousands of them around the world, in countries all over Europe and Asia as well as North and South America. The sooner the rest of the western world wises up to that fact the better..

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Well said.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I do not do home work for my own grand children what makes you think I would do it for somebody who will simply continue to believe what they want to believe, even after seeing the evidence? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I see. The information is readily available, but you are unable to produce it. You should write for Rush.

Lots of noise, no substance.

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Do your own homework sonny ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"Radical Islamic Terrorists" is actually the closest we have come to clearly defining the enemy that has attacked US sovereignty, property, citizens, and allies for the last 25 years.

You cannot fix a problem until you define it correctly. (sometimes, not even then) A "War on Terror" is as stupid as a "War on Hijacking" or a War on Machine Guns"

We should use all the instruments of national power to identify and eliminate the growing threats.

I am not a genius, but the last two presidents have not done very well in the effort.

Now we are faced with a group of radical Islamic terrorists that run a nation, and are close to achieving a working nuclear capability. What do we do about it?

C'mon - you guys are smarter that the average nitwits, and most of the politicians. Sure, we don't agree on Convervative vs Liberal. D vs R. Purist vs Rodder. Beyond that, we all DO have a helluva lot in common. We use computers and like old cars. Most of us have military or fireman/Cop experience. Most of us vote regular and give a shit about improving things.

What do we do about Iran? How do we stop the spread of radical islamic terrorists?

Mark (Kum-ba-ya ... Group hug!) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning