OT Veterans Day

It's not my homework - it's yours. Your statement, yours to prove - which you can't, which makes you a jabbering old fool.

That's for your 's> Do your own homework sonny ;)

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Mark, I think if Iran wants 'The Bomb' we should give it to 'em (from about

10,000 feet). It's no good to "Talk softly and carry a big stick" if you are not willing to use the stick. Jerry Forrester
Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Reply to
midlant

It seems to me that one important step is communication. We may not like what other countries, other governments do but not allowing any dialogue with them is, IMO, ignorant. Through 40+ years of conflict with the former Soviet Union we always had dialogue and it likely prevented a lot of bloodshed. Bilateral talks with Iran, Syria, N Korea are an important part of keeping the world in balance. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Mark Dunn> "Radical Islamic Terrorists" is actually the closest we have come to

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I'm retiring from the field, this is getting silly.

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> Mike, I think that Pat is winning this one at this point.

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Thing is, the Soviets were rational actors.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Being atheists, they knew that this was the only time around and that there were no eighty virgins awaiting them. (Personally, I would not be interested in eighty virgins.) Karl

Reply to
midlant

All we know of these folks is sound bites from the news. Diplomatic engagement is a small investment to make when the stakes are so high.

Seems to me that 'rational' was not a word I often heard describing the Russians when I was growing up during the cold war.

These guys sure do seem irrational, all the more reason to keep them close. When Iran announced they were going to hold discussions as to the reality of the holocaust, Tony Blair objected loudly. Iran invited him to attend. He did not, though he should have (at least sending an emissary) to represent historical truth. All boycotting it did was give credibility to the outcome to the Muslim world.

Gord>> It seems to me that one important step is communication. We may not like

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Really? I could not care less what opinion one want to present but if one wants to disagree with what was posted they should be willing to show proof why they believe that post was not correct. He has not and in fact can not, because any search will easily show Iran is indeed backing the radical Islamic terrorist, throughout the mid east, not only in Iraq. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Every county, with whom we have 'negotiated' with to keep the peace, has broken those agreements. All the way back to Neville Chamberlain in my time. The only way to win peace is with superior might. In the mid east we have yet to use our superior might. When Israel use its superior might against Egypt, the war we over in six days. In it recent 'limited war' in Lebanon they gained nothing, Hamas is still in power. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Well, I tried to take this to email but ol Mikey doesn't seem to have a real one listed. Typical. Here's what I sent ya, Mikey - I'd hate for you to miss anything:

You've humiliated yourself enough on the NG, so I'll do you the kindness of responding in private.

You said, and I quote:

"The President of Iran may not be an Arab but he certainly is a known terrorist leading the fighting in Iraq, Lebanon and Israel.'

That's a ridiculous statement. Read it and you'll see that. Since you said it, you are required by normal rules of polite discourse, to back it up.

Now you're trying to change it to Iran 'backing and supporting' terrorism. That's the lamest trick in the book - come on, be a man and either stand by what you said or admit you were wrong.

No matter how you try to wheedle your way out of it, it's plain for all to see and you just dig the hole deeper. Be a man, admit your foolishness and move on. You've painted yourself into a corner with your ridiculous ego, and your pathetic attempts to place the burden on me are quite transparent.

Treat me with the disrespect you have on the NG and I'll call you on it every time. Just because you're old entitles you to zero respect. Act like a decent human and I'll treat you accordingly.

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Does anyone other than Mike and Pat really give a shit???

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
midlant

Tom, that is one of the best posts I have EVER read on this NG.

I wish everyone else would read it and shut the hell up with their petty bickering and posturing. No one thinks you jack-asses are any smarter or more insightful than any 13-year old who is convinced he's right, won't listen and continues to piss and moan about every little thing that gets said.

Grow up guys....this was SUPPOSED to be a post honoring our Veterans, which is what Tom hit dead center.

Thanks again Tom...

Bob (9 years USAF, 71-80)

TomNoller wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62

What's the point? You get 80 virgins, yer gonna use 'em, right? Once used, they are not virgins. What a deal, eh?

Reply to
Dave's Place

Reply to
midlant

I'll will gladly repeat what I said "The President of Iran may not be an Arab but he certainly is a known terrorist leading the fighting in Iraq, Lebanon and Israel"' There is plenty of information available to prove that statement, if you wish to do a search

I will repeat also that I could not care less what opinion one want to present, but if you want to disagree show us what information you have that proves that statement was not correct.

Since you said it is ridiculous, you are required by normal rules of polite discourse, to back it up. We will be waiting to hear the source for your reasoning ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I don't! It is just that my original post was merely a tribute to the veterans in this NG and those currently fighting for our country. Jerks that use something like that as an excuse to promote their own personal political agenda need to be exposed as fools using the NGs incorrectly

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If I had a choice I would chose a 35 year old w**re, that owns a 53 Commander Starliner, who knows what she is doing LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Ah, I quit. I've made my point, you've made yours, have a nice day.

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec