OT-wierd visitors

Around 11am today I had two 20-something guys at my door persistenly ringing the bell, then knocking, while I was in my skivies fixing my lunch and not about to answer. It's when one of them jumped my locked fence and began looking in the windows that I bolted upstairs and got the S&W from the safe, pulled on a pair of jeans and came down to greet one in my front yard asking where his partner was. Young asian kid wearing a hooded sweat. He told me he 'had the wrong house' and hurried to his car while I'm on the porch with my revolver pointed up by my ear. His pal jumped back over the fence and away they went but not before I got the license number and called 911. Ya think they'll be back? Should I be sleeping with one eye open now? Geez!

Reply to
TomNoller

Lee, the thought had crossed my mind to wait for them to get inside and I'd have no trouble shooting to kill. But settled, I guess, for scaring them off rather than living with the idea I killed 'em. Debris as they are. Besides, I'd have to explain that big stain on the carpet to my wife. Blood? No, where I pooped!

Reply to
TomNoller

I wouldn't write about real things like this on a newsgroup, blog, or forum.... Legal type real things...

"TomNoller" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Scary situation, Tom.

I doubt they will be back. Probably crackheads looking for a house to burgle to finance their next score. Standard M.O. is to knock on the door, and ask for someone they know ain't gonna be there. Now they know that if they bust in, there's a good chance for them to take a dirt nap. There's easier pickings out there for that kind. And since they will probably suspect you called the cops, they'll likely stay away until the heat dies down, by which time their crack-addled minds will have forgotten your location.

I suppose there is a slight chance that they might want to burgle your home to get the firearm, but I suspect they would consider it too risky.

I had a pack of teen-to-20-somethings knock on my door one time. Asked if an old Ford van parked on the lot line was for sale. As a matter of fact, it was, and I said so, and offered to show it to them. They went and had a look, and obviously showed as much interest as would a tiger to a plate of broccoli. I got the licence number of their vehicle, and called it in to the RCMP right away. The cop who took the call said it was about certain that they were casing the joint. They never came back, either.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Oh! you Bad Man! You used a EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEvil Gun to prevent a crime against your property! This is unacceptable. You must immediately call the police and surrender your weapon and register yourself as a danger to society. You must also pay for a page in your local newspaper apologizing to the would-be burglars, for scaring them.

NOT!!!

Great Job Tom!

This is one of the stories that never get reported that could be used to rebut the nitwits in Gummint trying to disarm the citizens .

The populace at large does not understand that an armed society would be a polite, almost crime-free society.

Mark (Proud that you did the right thing!) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning