What is an ECHO?

ECHO Gender: Feminine Usage: Greek Mythology Other Scripts: ??? (Greek) Pronounced: E-ko [key] Extra Info: Namesakes, Comments Options: Contribute Information, Add to List Means "echo" from the word for the repeating reflected sound, which derives from Greek ??? (eche) "sound". In Greek mythology Echo was a nymph given a speech impediment by Hera, so that she could only repeat what others said. She fell in love with Narcissus, but her love was not returned, and she pined away until nothing remained of her except her voice.

Sounds like Wickeddoll ... huh! LOL

Reply to
Philip

Interesting post. I believe pretty much all the Toyota model names mean something, don't they?

Reply to
badgolferman

Um, Prius escapes me. As does Hi-Lux and Hi-Ace.

Used to be ALL Totoa models sold in the US began with the letter "C"

Reply to
hachiroku

Yeah, and all Hondas sold here did too.

Reply to
Tercel GTS

I think it is latin for "first."

I figure Hi-Lux is Japanese-English for "high luxury" and Hi-Ace just sounds classy to a Japanese speaker (hai-esu).

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Attacking from behind a killfile - that sounds like Philip the walking prick to me.

He continues to be my bitch, because he just can't leave me alone, as I have him.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

This guy must have failed trolling 101. Well if he wants to have some fun I know a couple of people that will oblige him.

Reply to
Night Spirit

Oh he knows trolling very well. It's the netiquette he ignores

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I always thought they want to convey ECHOlogically sound car. But I can be wrong.

Dump avalon. I won't buy it even if car is perfect.

Reply to
bobb

Um, this sounds interesting....what the HELL is a Tercel GTS???

I have two GTS models, the '85 Corolla and the '85 Celica, but I ain't never seen a Tercel GTS (the Paseo was about as close as that got...)

Reply to
hachiroku

A Tercel with an MR2 turbo drivetrain.

Reply to
Tercel GTS

SMOOTH!!!! Got pix somewhere?

What year Terc? I had a '95 2 door coupe, and always thought it was a design worthy of a few more horses. Which MR2 setup did you use? The 4A-GE or the newer one.

I always wondered if I soved a '91 '92 Corolla GTS FWD 4A setup under the hood, but I sold the car to buy a Supra...(88)

Reply to
hachiroku

It's not finished by a long shot but has the 3SGTE. The car is a 93. Hopefully time and money will allow me to finish this year.

Reply to
Tercel GTS

"Tercel GTS" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

*overcome by testosterone fumes*

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I hope you've been taking snapshots along the way! I'd like to see this project, but i don't think I'll be jetting to Oz any time too soon!

I was thinking about you're 'project' while I was getting my morning coffee this morning. Our friend who posted the article about (UGH!) Volkswagens probably missed the one important factor about Volkswagens: the motor mounting points are ALL the same, and the bell housings are ALL the same. So, if you have a 2.slow, you can easily 'upgrade' to a VR6 no problem! Or pop in a 16-valve, or a 1.8t, etc...

Probably about the only thing Volkswagens did right! (Nah, actually, the German Engineering can't be beat; but their manufacturing sure can!)

Reply to
hachiroku

Not testosterone, Nat, that's grease, oil and gasoline!

Reply to
hachiroku

Tercel: Male hawk especially male peregrine or gyrfalcon

Reply to
badgolferman

Now, did you know that, or did you look it up?!

No wonder they had a model called the Blackhawk.

Reply to
hachiroku

I'm not in Oz, even though I'd like it there. I'm upgrading from a 1.5 to a 2.go turbo. Yes I've been taking pictures. I need to transfer them to a regular server so they'll show again on my threads.

The mounting spots is a nice idea. Chrysler did that in the old days. However on a front wheel drive you still have other issues, such as axle length. Proper sized axles had to be custom made and it wasn't very cheap. My goal is a dependable sturdy daily driver that is fully ready for track days. It will not be any form of a show car. All it has to do really is make me happy, but that's not easy.

Reply to
Tercel GTS

Properly spelled "tiercel" or in German "terzel". It's a medieval falconry term meaning "one-third", as male birds of prey are usually one-third smaller, yes smaller, than the females. It's also used for true hawks, which are accipiters, as well as for falcons.

Eric - licensed Master Falconer

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 19th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher