Powershift Repair

I'm in need of parts and/or repair service for a Powershift transmission. Has anyone had any work done by Miller's Transmissions of Gettysburg, PA (advertised in Keystone Keynotes)? Any other recommended shops? I'm located near Reedsville.

Jim Bradley '64 Daytona HT "Rerun" Remove HAT to reply

Reply to
Jim Bradley

What are your transmission's symptoms? Is it still in the vehicle?

JT

Jim Bradley wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
Ken Robinson

The problem started (70 miles from home) when I stopped for a traffic light. No warning. When I went to pull away, the car did move forward, but felt like the handbrake was on. This symptom was the same in the 1,

2, or Drive positions. Reverse was fine. Rather than drive 70 miles in Reverse, I opted to flatbed home.

It seems that the rear clutch is stuck in the applied mode, accounting for the transmission trying to go in both directions at once in1 or 2. This would be consistent with driving OK in R or when it was in 3rd before the downshift at the stop. Reverse and 3rd are the only two times that the rear clutch should be applied).

The transmissi> What are your transmission's symptoms? Is it still in the vehicle? > > JT

Reply to
Jim Bradley

Ken,

It sure is. In fairness to the previous repair, remember that the Daytona has gone through 5 owners, 23 years and about 70,00 miles since you owned it. Also, as I pointed out to the driver of the flatbed, I have been driving old Studebakers for 42 years, and this is the very FIRST time that I was unable to get one home under its own power.

A curious coincidence, though... I was in Chambersburg, PA on Rt. 30 when the transmission quit. A couple of years ago, Dustybob Wagner was in Chambersburg, on Rt. 30 when his clutch let go. Bob and I were both flatbedded home by "Abe's Towing". For those driving their Studebakers to the International Meet, a word of caution. You may want to avoid traveling through Chambersburg, or risk a ride with Abe!

Jim Bradley '64 Daytona HT "Rerun" Remove HAT to reply

Ken Rob> Is it the transmission in Rerun that has the problem? Hope not. He gave me

Reply to
Jim Bradley