PCV valve...?

anyone have a PCV valve for a V-8? I have a '63 V-8 in my '55 and the PCV valve has lost its "valve" function, either a good used replacement
or a part number for a modern equivalent would be fine...
thanks
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

I have one in my tool box marked PCV134. Not sure if it is the right one, though.
Chip
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Use the road tube.... Legal for 1955 and simple to maintain.
JT
road tubes provide poor (or no) ventilation in city driving.
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

--
WTF is Oujdeiv?
http://bible.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Greek/grk.cgi?number=3762&version=kjv
Oujdeiv wrote:

Nate,
2-bbl. or 4-bbl?
Jim Bradley '64 Daytona HT "Rerun" Remove HAT to reply
Nate Nagel wrote:

4-barrel, although the parts book does not discriminate.
nate
Jim Bradley wrote:

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

The backflow valve prevents a manifold backfire from entering the crankcase and even if there is some small leakage at the valve when blowing back through the valve it will still shut off during a backfire episode. If the backflow valve function is all that's wrong with it it will still function to evacuate the crankcase.
The Purolator number I have for the '63 V8 PCV valve is PV-1029. This is the straight valve using three separate hoses.
The Purolator number for the late '63 and '64 valve is PV-666 (devil worshipers?), this is the elbow type using two hoses. This is also reportedly available from NAPA, their number is 2-815.
John Kunkel wrote:

Thanks, this is very helpful!
FWIW I also have a NAPA part number for the R-engine valve that screws into the carb from a similar thread that I started over on the SDC web site. Once I verify these numbers they'll all be going into the list on my web site...
nate
Nate,
With the AFB and Edelbrock 4-bbls, I have used NAPA Echlin 29267. This is the one that screws into the base of the carb, and has a hose barb on the other end.
Jim Bradley '64 Daytona "Rerun" Remove HAT to reply
N8N wrote:

Site Timeline