R4 Dual Quad Intake on Ebay

0100680523&category4198 Is this a L Stone repro or???

Reply to
Ron Butts

0100680523&category4198>

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

The one on ebay is the R3/R4 style and you've had better luck then me in getting the repro's to fit on anything without machining.

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I think Dave T. told me that the dual quad manifolds were actually coming through with better fit than the single 4bbl. ones. Guess I should have ponied up the extra bucks for dual quads, eh?

nate

(hey, it fits now...)

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Ooohhh, that's cold.....

Anybody wanna buy a LS alum> Looks like the repro, but you won't know for sure until you install

0100680523&category4198 >>

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I got mine to fit the blower but it would not hold water.

Pat Drnec wrote:

0100680523&category4198 >>>

Reply to
John Poulos

real deal the guy who is selling that has a bunch of stuff he bought back in the

60s and has just had it sittng around for years

he has a 63 Lrk daytona R3 clone thats also been sitting around for years, and i think he bougt it- and other things- for that

Nice honest guy- but a tad eccentric

Good buddy of john erbs though

Reply to
ceecab

It looks like Lionel's to me. Did the original have the heat riser passage blocked off? Also, did the original have such uneven ports? Some are too square in the corner and some are too round. Also, some of the outer ports look wider than the inner ports.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

We never said otherwise, I just think the ebay one is a repro.

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I had one for some time that I bought direct from Paxton around the '67/'69 time frame. It definitely required the choke stove, the passage was not blocked. I had to fabricate the choke stove to choke pipe from stainless as they Stude part number was NLA by then. SASCO(old) did, however, provide me with the engineering drawing so I could make it correctly. I probably still have the drawing in my files somewhere.

-- wf.

Reply to
randee

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

freezers and ovens are great mostly overlooked tools, CO2 fire extingushers are great for emergency six-pack coolers (place 6 pack upside down) ONLY if someone is paying for CO2 recharge

Reply to
oldcarfart