Removal of 63 Lark Steering Column

Short of putting my feet through the floor, what is the easiest way to remove the steering column? Disconnect at the steering box and pull the column into the interior or remove the steering wheel and collar and pull the column and steering box into the engine compartment. Please advise. Thank you

Reply to
58packardwagon

You need to pull the wheel, then the column.

58packardwag> Short of putting my feet through the floor, what is the easiest way to
Reply to
John Poulos

Ray

58packardwag>Short of putting my feet through the floor, what is the easiest way to
Reply to
Studeman

I just installed a steering box under the hood & through the firewall into a Silver Hawk this week with the engine in place. Nothing to it. One of the benefits of a 6 cyl. engine!

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry