SASCO update

From the SDC forums:

Had a chance Friday and Saturday to visit with Dennis Lambert at the swap meet at Sasco and his take on what the city is up to is the buildings in that area will be razed, South Bend Lathe is next and after that Sasco he figures. He said the bank will be making the decisions as to what will happen to the inventory as Dennis is too old to start over(his words)He thinks this will take place within the next year.Plans are to build an industrial park on that whole area that is being cleared.

Reply to
John Poulos

Hey John,WHO wrote that????? I take it you pulled that from the SDC forum? I remain optimistic that SASCO will be saved.

Reply to
ChampTruckingCompany

I'll check it out with Dennis in the AM.

ChampTruck>> From the SDC forums:

Reply to
John Poulos

Just talked to Dennis about the fate of SASCO and would like to sum it up. Nothing is yet written in stone, the city is still working with Dennis and the bank to solve the sprinkler issue. Dennis wants me me to assure you that nothing major will happen without him letting us know. He "may" know more after the International meet in a few weeks, but right now, the possible loss of the building is just speculation on his part. With the South Bend Lathe building coming down, it does not take a genius to see that the SASCO building would stick out like a sore thumb in the cleared area. The fire in the building did provide the city with a excuse to move against the building, but they have not pulled the trigger yet. He'll let us know if things change, but right now, everything is still up in the air and he'd rather we wait to act. There is no question about SASCO's status at the International meet, he'll be open for business as normal.

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos