SDC Forum Software Woes

Hey JT, did you ever get that water valve I sent? If you did was it the correct one? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

"Poop slinging" ain't all that bad so long as someone is designated to sweep the turds before they get too rancid...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yes I did. I sent you an email on the day that I picked it up.

I'm sure that it's the correct one but I haven't opened the box. Maybe tomorrow will be installation day. Not much else to do befo' the "big night!"

Oh, let me know if you received the email which should be about a week ago. I'm getting a little testy with nutzero's performance as of late.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire
Reply to
Studebaker George

Wow, I'm lovin' this!! Almost like the good old days....... :-)

Paul

Reply to
R1Lark
Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc
Reply to
keith_kichefski

You think this is bad, you oughta' visit the alt.autos.toyota newsgroup! :-)

Reply: The SDC forum is mostly the same dozen guys, who haven't run out of steam yet. They make one inane reply after the next, signing off with the same-old bandwidth hogging photos, as part of their "boilerplate". Those will be the ones who cry the loudest when changes are deemed necessary. If you don't like moderated forums, then you have come to the right place. I remember how many of the same belly achers and attackers ruined what was once a good thing here too. We were supposed to be discussing Studebakers, but it amazes me how easily things can become personal. Old feelings die hard, and for some they obviously intend to carry them to their grave. I can see it starting already, as once dormant hostility, has found been unearthed once again. Can we try this once again and try to be civil this time? KK

Reply to
ah

This may be yet another nail in the coffin of nutzero. Especially since I found out that they attach advertising to email.

JT

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yea... C'mon down 'n put yer dukes up Okieboy!

Biff, pow, crunch, down ya go!

JT

(Hiding behind the 12" thick wall of usenet)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Fight? Nah....unless someone puts a stick in my eye or craw.... This place was a great place to visit and even with all the wars the information was astounding. After all this time, this newsgroup is still marked as the 'home' page on my browser....that should tell you something... Yes the fights could get completely out of hand, but lest ya'll forget...there were times this place could make you cry. Remember the passing of Snurd?.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Forgot... Hey KK...maybe with three Pollocks on this forum (and Jeff Rice..we will make him an honorary Pollock) we can keep the humor up enough to kill off any bad chit... Studebaker George K_L_U_T_K_O_W_S_K_I In the woods of North Florida

Reply to
Studebaker George

Ouch!

Now I feel right at home!

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Yes, I do.

And, I also remember the biggest flower arrangement at my brother's funeral being from this bunch.

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

I'm a lurker too on the SDC forum, even though I have been in the club since 1969. No valid reason why I haven't signed up. One thing I do know, being on dialup with a 10 year old PC, I can sure tell how long it takes to load PHOTOS that are constantly being repeated.

Perhaps Lee is right, the old 386 is not up to the task as a server. Maybe 16-32 megs. is all the RAM it has. LOL!!

I do know that today 1/4/10 the SDC forum was the slowest ever, failing to load a page with a 'Server 500 error'. I finally gave up trying to read it.

I have noticed a whole new wave of 'bloat' being added to many web sites. That makes things load very slow, usually requiring at least one 'refresh' to get a page to load.

Web site administrators typically only charge ahead, disregarding the notion that not all users have the same bells and whistles that they do.

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Deepnhock

Still getting 505 errors 1/11