Sirius vs. XM

what is best for my stude? Disco and NPR are must have options.

Reply to
oldcarfart

XM was my choice. I set presets for the 50,60,70's NPR, CNN Fox, NPR, Old time radio, and comedy.

oldcarfart wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Here's a good page:

what is best for my stude? Disco and NPR are must have options. >

Reply to
John Poulos

Being a cheap SOB, I have always refused to 'pay' for radio in the car. But after having satellite TV in the house (which comes with Sirius, and another non name music group) we have found that the Sirius is on all the time with the surround sound and patched through the stereo.... I am thinking more that the lack of stupid car commercials is worth the subscription fee. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Since you like NPR, Sirius 137 and 94 are respectively the CBC's Radio 1 and

2--1 is like NPR (NPR has some Radio 1 shows on it anyway) and 2 is more "highbrow"--really all music: really good jazz, blues, classical,--even outbreaks of opera and bluegrass from time to time Listened to Randy Bachman's regular two hour show on 1 with a ton of personal stories about all the musicians of the 70s and 80s, and some of the finest and unexpected stuff going--on the way back from our fall Studebaker Chapter meet over in Nova Scotia. He is a musician's musician after all.

Jim Bartley on PEI

Reply to
George

Forgot to mention--the CBC Radio 1 and 2 (Sirius 137 & 94) are commercial free in any case--not even those "supported by" announcements like on NPR.

Jim Bartley on PEI

Reply to
George

None of my 7 vehicles have a working radio.Rather listen to the oil drip off the pavement and rust crystals forming.

Bob40...my vehicles are the only place thats quiet.

Reply to
Bob