How fast IS an F-1 car!

http://www.5min. com/Video/ How-fast- is-a-Formula- 1-Car-1294208

Reply to
Dwain G.

Link no workee, Dwain. Is this about the 250MPH run on the salt flats?

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
John Kunkel

Let's try again. This is actually an old video that's making the rounds again. A Peugeot, Porsche, and a McLaren. The first two get handicap starts.

http://www.5min. com/Video/ How-fast- is-a-Formula- 1-Car-1294208

Reply to
Dwain G.

This time!.......if not......screw it!

Dwain G.

OH. Hadn't seen that one before. Reminds me of the comparison between a hot Porsche and a Top Fuel dragster - if the Porsche crossed the starting line at 200MPH with the fueler starting as the Porsche passed, the fueler would pass the Porsche about half-track, winning easily.

Reply to
zoombot

Nope. The fueler will only nip the Porsche at the finish line and then only if he turns 4.499 or quicker which very seldom one does. Still it's amazing that they will be that close.

Reply to
tedharbit

Not what I heard, but I bow to Mr. Harbit - the reigning king of Studebaker racing.

Reply to
zoombot

It's a fairly simple math problem

200mph = 293.333 feet per second. Divide 1320 feet by that and you see the Porsch will get there in 4.5 seconds.
Reply to
ALEX M.