thanks,
Jerry Forrester
Jerry,
That's looking great!
What all is Leo "getting"?
--
Dave Miller
So. Ga. SDC

'86 Vette Tuned Port 350. 5 speed manual tranny. S-10 rear axle with 4.56 gears. 205-65R15 front tires on 7" wheels. 255-70R15 rear tires on 8 1/2" wheels. Winged Hawk dash. Jim Turner front disc brakes. and lots more.
http://community.webshots.com/album/551236383cfruwd
--
thanks,
Jerry Forrester

Wow, Jerr-
Whatcha got goin' on the side???
What ratio rear came out? If it's a 3.07, I GOT DIBS!
--
Dave Miller
So. Ga. SDC
Georgia Studebaker wrote:

the car was originally an OD car, so my money is on 3.92 or higher.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

I don't think I ever got over 40 MPH, so I didn't notice. That and I was out of practice driving a column shift, so I was concentrating on not rolling to a stop before I could find second :)

cool! just let me know... not in any particular hurry (oops, I remember what happened the last time I said that to a chrome guy <g> - not Jerry, just for the record...) just was curious if I needed to keep an eye out for another one or not. If it comes out OK I'll probably swap it in and then send you the better of the two that are on the car. (the worse of the two is probably unfixable, it's bent and broken in several different ways...)
nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Today is NOT your lucky day Dave. When I got the car from JP the rear end was a 4.27 (i think) and sounded like a banshi. BTW, I knew that before the purchase. I wanted to drive it down to Lake Mary, Fa for the '02 meet. At the time the only extra rear axle I had availble was a 4.27 Dana 27 or some light duty POS like that. I installed that and drove it with that rear end (taking it easy) for about a year before building and installing the 4.56 S-10 rear end. The S-10 rear end only measures 48 inchs between the backing plates and lets you run 8 1/2 wide wheels under a C-K. Also, when you have a 4.56 rear end and put the tranny in OD, it's just like having a 3.19 ratio.
thanks, Jerry
BTW, if anybody needs the rear end I pulled out of Leo it's yours for the asking. Dana 27, W/ like new brakes and drums.
Georgia Studebaker wrote:

I'd never know it was the car I once had here, nice work.
Jerry Forrester wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumIDU1236383&security ruwd
--
JP/Maryland